Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to my fellow students and Mums


Caitlin's Card
Originally uploaded by Natty Jane
On Friday morning I attended my daughter's Prep. Mother's Day Breakfast at her school. It started at 7.15am, and with my husband away attending a conference in Noosa (half his luck!), I had to take all four of my kiddies with me. I am not really a morning person, but I'm even less so when I've been up until 1.00am studying the night before!

I have to say however, that the effort was worthwhile. The breakfast was just lovely.

All of the mothers arrived to see tables beautifully set with red and white plates, cutlery and gifts. The menu included pancakes with maple syrup, toast, raisin bread, cereals, juice and coffee and it was clear that an enormous amount of work had gone into arranging this event for us.

My daughter gave me a lovely hand made card she had designed in art class, and it was just the boost I needed to end this week.

So ... to my fellow mums and student teachers out there - take some time out this Sunday away from the books and just stop and appreciate how lucky we all are to be mothers.

Happy Mother's Day 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment